Spinal Cerebellar Ataxia is a rare form of diseases which is referred to a certain type of hereditary ataxia. It changes the characteristics of the pattern in the brain related to the movements of the individuals and also affects the spinal cord of the body. There was a time when people used to think that this type of diseases is incurable. However, due to the advent of medical science, now, this type of treatment is also possible. Therefore, if you are looking to find out about the Spinal Cerebellar Ataxia treatment in India and its symptoms and cause then let’s discuss all of these in this very article.
Symptoms of Spinal Cerebellar Ataxia
Finding out an exact set of symptoms for Spinal Cerebellar Ataxia can be hard work because each and every patient has a different set of symptoms. Also, there is a common thing about the symptoms and that is, it tends to become worse as time progresses. Here are some the common symptoms that a patient with Spinal Cerebellar Ataxia might witness:
• Problems in Balance and Coordination: A patient with Spinal Cerebellar Ataxia will struggle to balance things and coordinate with his or her other parts of the body. Therefore, it will be a struggle to lead the day to day life.
• Difficulty in Walking: For a Spinal Cerebellar Ataxia patient, walking is a huge problem. Whenever the person tries to walk, he or she will stumble a lot. Stable walking is something these patients cannot perform.
• Problems in Speaking: Another common symptom or sign of Spinal Cerebellar Ataxia is that the patient will struggle to speak. The person will stammer and stutter while speaking which will give an indication that some this wrong with the person.
• Uncontrolled Eye Movement: The eye movement of the patients with Spinal Cerebellar Ataxia will be unstable. This means the patient will struggle to keep his or eyes in a straight manner.
• Failing to Remember Things: This is one such symptom that might be related to Alzheimer’s but actually, it is also a very prominent feature of the person struggling with Spinal Cerebellar Ataxia. The patient will struggle to remember trivial and normal things which will be quite strange for the near dear ones of the patient.
• Difficulty in Vision: Also, the patients with Spinal Cerebellar Ataxia will find problems in seeing things. This is another common symptom which can confuse you with other problems.
Cause of Spinal Cerebellar Ataxia
The cause of Spinal Cerebellar Ataxia is still unknown. However, the genetic cause is one of the major reasons that are coming in the fore because almost 25% to 40% of the patients of Spinal Cerebellar Ataxia have faced this issue. So far, medical researchers think that the patients generally inherit this disease from their past generation.
Treatment for Spinal Cerebellar Ataxia
The treatment for Spinal Cerebellar Ataxia was one of the biggest challenges the patients used to face. As doctors in the past focussed solely on curing the symptoms, after a certain time, the condition used to get worse for the patients. But now with stem cell treatment, a cure for Spinal Cerebellar Ataxia is very much possible. Moreover, stem cell therapy for Spinal Cerebellar Ataxia is one of the most effective treatment measures for the patients as it helps successful recovery. Stem cell treatment helps to stabilize this disease progression and also repair and regenerate damaged spinal cells and improve the patient’s physical related issues.
Spinal Cerebellar Ataxia is a dreadful disease to have. If you are looking to get proper treatment for this disease then stem cell therapy in India is the way to go. Consult with a doctor for stem cell treatment as he will be able to guide properly in this matter.